Bee Venom / Apitoxin

£18.00 Excluding VAT : £15.00

Apitoxin or bee venom, is a bitter colourless liquid. Once purified bee venom is being used in many medical trials from Cancer to Alzheimer’s in the case of Cancer there has been documented success.

Out of stock

Category:
Share

Description

Apitoxin, or bee venom, is a bitter colourless liquid. It’s active ingredient is a mixture of proteins, which causes local inflammation and acts as an anticoagulant. A honey bee can inject 0.1 mg of venom via its stinger. It may have similarities to sea nettle toxin.

We at Porch Honey have selected a collection system that does not harm the individual bees in general and has a positive effect on the hive by encouraging increased egg laying by the queen

What happens when honey bees sting other types such as insects (Wasps, hornets …):
The honey bee can sting multiple times and does not lose it’s stinger.

What happens when honey bees sting mammals:
Honey bees, have a stinger at the posterior end of their abdomen. The sting is connected to a venom sac and is a modified egg-laying tube, so if you are stung, it was a worker bee (female) that did it. Most stinging insects can sting more than once; the exception is the honey bee which has a barbed stinger. When the worker bee escapes after stinging a person, the sting and attached venom sac are ripped out of the bee and stays in the victim’s skin continuing to pump the remaining bee venom into the victim. The honey bee will die shortly afterwards.

The honey bee holds up to 0.2 grams of bee venom per worker honey bee our hives can hold up to 120,000 with less than 1 percent being drones.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.