Emily impressed us with her attention to detail during a Bee Experience in late spring 2017 and how she applied herself during the complex set of tasks required to rehome a hive that was in desperate need of support.
- Name: Emily Linscott
- D.O.B.: 09/12/2002 – 15yrs Old
- Home: Langdon Hills, Essex
- School: St Clere’s, Stamford-Le-Hope, Essex
- Started Karting: 28th January 2016 at Brentwood Karting Development Club
- Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Blue; Height: 1.65m; Weight: 45kg
- Other interests: Skiing, rounders, badminton, training, friends, family and listening to music
- Race Licence: Race National ‘B’ (Junior) [Will have Race National ‘A’ at the end of 2018]
I’m a happy, smiley, character with a heart of gold but don’t let my smile off-track fool you into thinking I’m not serious. I’m grounded but focused. I’m an inspirational person who strives to generate positive feelings who helps others reach their goals through my racing. I’m an excellent Brand Ambassador for businesses who want an honest and loyal driver to represent them. I’ll go the extra mile to ensure they have everything they need from my personality and position in motorsport. I’m learning about business relationships; how to deliver consistently good communication for my partners and what it means for them to have me as their representative in everyday life.
- Brand Ambassador for Porch Honey, Marchand Watches, Ropelet and Spine Optics
- Winner of the prestigious Downforce UK ‘Henry Surtees Teen Racer of the Year 2017’ award. The first female ever to win this coveted award.
- Signed for Richardson Racing Team to contest the full season in the Ginetta Junior Championship.
- Highly Commended runner-up for Active Essex ‘Young Sports Personality of the Year 2017’
- 5th placed rookie in Ginetta Junior race at Silverstone – second ever car meeting
- Car racing debut at Rockingham Motor Speedway in Ginetta Junior 26th August 2017 – exactly 1 year from my first ever official MSA Kart race.
- Became Brand Ambassador for Ropelet (pretty Rope Bracelets) in July 2017
- Drove solo in the Ginetta Junior car for the first time at the Ginetta Media Day, Brands Hatch Indy circuit on 14th March 2017
- Scouted by Arden International car race team to be part of their Young Racing Driver Academy (YRDA) as one of just 15 young drivers worldwide
- Highly Commended for Karting Magazine’s ‘Rookie of the Year Award 2016’
- 22 podium finishes in Finals (numerous heat wins) in my first season 2016
- Secured first ‘class’ podium (3rd) in Owner Driver in Junior Subaru Enduro event at Bayford Meadows on 25th September 2016 as a novice.
- Won Buckmore Park’s ‘Junior Star Pupil’ title – 26th November 2016 – The first girl to win this award in its 16-year history.
- Finished 2016 ranked 14th in the UK for SODI World Series only driving in 12 of the 24 race meetings.
- BMKC Junior Kart Champion 2016 after competing in only 6 of the 7 rounds, never off the podium, scoring the most points of all drivers in both ‘Silverstone’ and ‘Monza’ classes.
- Awarded for ‘Achievement in Motorsport and for Inspiration to Young Adults’ in June 2016 by The Jack Petchey Foundation – Presented with the award in an evening event on 2nd March 2017.
- Awarded the ‘Parents Award for the best attitude and most inspirational driver’ from Brentwood Karting – 21st May 2016
- Set new lap record at Lydd corporate kart circuit on my first visit on 30th May 2016
- Started in Corporate Karts at the Brentwood Development Club 28th Jan 2016
Long Term Goal
My long-term aim is to become a professional Racing Driver in GT’s, World Endurance and to win the most prestigious race of all, the Le Mans 24hr. To be inspirational to others looking to strive for perfection in whatever they chose to do and to have the most amount of fun I possibly can.
A strong and loyal following on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn which is growing daily. I post on all platforms regularly focussing on supporter engagement as a priority. I have a promotional video, with a difference, posted up on both YouTube and Vimeo via my own Channels, where I’m starting to upload more video clips of my life as well as my racing.
GoBobby.UK – Vitabiotics – Ropelet – Dirty Slate Design Studio – Everyone Active (Sporting Champions) – Handpicked Commercial Interiors Ltd – Sargeant Partnership – Basildon Council – Marchand Watch Company – Spektrum Electrical – Spine Optics – Porch Honey